Right Path Counseling Provides Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in Jericho, NY – Serving Hicksville, Plainview, Syosset, and Throughout Long Island
Right Path Counseling offers a range of modalities to patients looking for help with anxiety, stress, depression, eating disorders, and other mental health conditions. For many patients, the best treatment option is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, or CBT. CBT is an evidenced based therapy that addresses thoughts (cognitions) and behaviors, learning actionable skills and tools to address mental health.
CBT therapy is one of many treatments that we offer here at our office in Nassau County. If you or someone you love would benefit from CBT, contact Right Path Counseling today at (516) 247-6457 or use our online form to reach our front office to get matched with a therapist that is right for you.
Why Choose Right Path Counseling for Long Island CBT?
At Right Path Counseling, our priority is connecting you with a therapist that is best for you. We have a team of therapists on staff, each one with different skills and backgrounds to address your specific challenges, desires, and goals.
We care about your wellness and recovery, and whether you’re getting CBT or any other type of treatment, our Long Island therapists will be here to listen, guide, and advocate for you in ways that will help you stay focused and accountable.
What is CBT Therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy has been consistently shown to be one of the most effective forms of mental health treatment. Patients also tend to find CBT engaging, as it is focused less on your past and more on setting and reaching mental health goals. CBT focuses on two distinct components of mental health and wellness:
- Cognitions – These are the negative thoughts that are present with anxiety, depression, and other mental health conditions. The goal of CBT is to teach skills that help stop and reframe negative thinking and replace it with more positive, realistic thoughts.
- Behaviors – Most mental health conditions lead to unwanted behaviors, such as avoiding social situations, irritability, self-medication seeking, and other behaviors depending on the condition. CBT replaces these behaviors with more productive coping strategies and behaviors.
Cognitive behavioral therapy’s approach has been refined over time, with techniques that address all different types of concerns and challenges. CBT is able to treat:
In addition, our therapists at Right Path Counseling have experience with many other types of modalities, which means that we can integrate other therapies into our CBT treatments if we feel like it would support your recovery.
Benefits of CBT
CBT is a popular choice for both patients and therapists. While every therapy decision needs to be based on your struggles, background, and specific needs, CBT therapy offers specific benefits that many people enjoy. These include:
- Fewer required sessions. Although many patients continue to see their therapists over time, the initial therapy with CBT requires fewer overall sessions and a shorter recovery timetable.
- Actionable. You learn specific skills in CBT, and your Long Island therapist or counselor provides a lot more guidance to help you with your recovery than some other modalities.
- Measurably goal oriented. Our therapists work with you to reach specific goals that can be measured based on how you’re feeling or what progress you’ve made.
CBT may not be right for all patients, which is why it is so important to meet with a psychotherapist first to talk about the different treatments that are available and determine what makes the most sense for your situation. But CBT is a popular, very effective, highly researched treatment that is a great choice for patients of nearly all ages.
Start Today with Right Path Counseling
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a great way to treat many different mental health conditions. But above all else, your mental health can be treated. If you or a loved one is in need of support for their mental health, call our Jericho, NY office to get matched with a therapist that is best for your needs.