Anger is a powerful emotion – one that hurts our relationships, stresses our bodies, and can affect our overall health and happiness. Right Path Counseling provides anger management therapy and support for those that struggle with anger and rage. Our therapists in Jericho, NY recognize that anger typically has complex origins, and will come up with an appropriate, personalized solution to help.
- Do you find yourself angry often?
- Do you have trouble controlling your anger or calming down?
- Does the anger you feel seem extreme for the situation?
- Do you want to have better relationships and more positive emotions?
Contact Right Path Counseling today. We are a Long Island anger management, individual therapy, and couples counseling team with a range of solutions available to support you through your emotional regulation and recovery. Schedule an appointment today by calling (516) 247-6457.
There is no single cause for anger. Anger management issues can be caused by a number of different factors, including:
- Childhood Abuse
- Poor Coping Mechanisms for Stress
- Parental or Societal Influence
- Trouble with Emotional Regulation
- Physical and Mental Health Problems
- Substance Abuse
Often, anger is also triggered as a way to cover up other feelings and emotions, such as anxiety, depression, shame, and poor self-esteem. Anger can be controlled, but people that struggle with anger often feel like it cannot, seeing red, feeling tension, and experiencing trouble concentrating on anything but their rage.
There are many ways that therapists treat anger, and the choice of which therapy or treatment to use is related directly to you as an individual.